CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I love Portland...

Other than meeting my crazy-fabulous boyfriend, the music, the beer and multitude of amazing restaurants, we were able to experience something we never had done before! After perusing the cheap theater showtimes, we decided to check out a theater downtown called The Living Room Theater. It's a little retro, modern, with great big comfortable chairs where you can enjoy a nice glass of wine and some gourmet small plates. (only 5$ on mondays)

So we checked out this movie called Kabluey, and found out that the writer/director/co-star is a Portland native, and was going to be at the showing that night. We didn't really know what to expect since we hadn't heard of the movie before. We got there early, grabbed a beer and a good seat and realized that almost everyone there was there to see this movie. It was so good! I loved it, so did Chris. And, it was so cool to meet the writer and director and hear his story behind the movie. It's a true story about him moving in with his sister-in-law (who is played by Lisa Kudrow) to help with her two sons when his brother who is in the Army leaves for Iraq. Some of the story is fictional, and the writer made sure to tell us what was fake after the movie. It's a great little indie-comedy that you should all go see! Or rent, I think it comes out on DVD in 3 weeks. Check it out!

Oh yeah, there is this huge blue costume in the movie, and it was at the Theater. So cool! We're such nerds!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun...what a great idea for a theater.

PS...I'm so bummed....I don't think it's going to work. We are in Bend over the weekend for memorial day/a wedding....then my mom and I will be having a mother/daughter day on Tuesday then I fly out Wednesday Morning.....poop. I'll be back for the Portland marathon on Oct 5th....maybe we can figure something out then. It's so hard to do stuff after working all day while I'm here.